Announcements

Baby Ayren came to the world on 1 January 2014!!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Informative and Personal Extra Long Post

Photobucket
I've wanted to post this since yesterday. However, I was again too busy with the layout and template of my blog. Oops, I did it again. I spent the whole of Friday and Saturday night upgrading the layout of my blog once again. Called Mimi the other day to check out how was my new banner. Feedback not too good. I won't write what she says. Well, I guess it's always impossible to please everyone, 'cos whoever I asked for feedback, there tend to be some dissatisfaction. Or I can say that there isn't anything perfect in this world then... Haha... I guess I will accept as it is 'cos still it's my blog and I think I should like it more than anyone else! (^_^) Therefore, I'm going to stick to this layout and design untill I have new inspiration or have learnt new upgrade methods to make it look more pro!

Recently, I was reading this book "Marley and Me". Though I've yet to finish it ('cos I read very slowly), I have a feeling that it's going to be a great book. Read the excerpt from the link. I cried once already within one-fifth of the book. According to Phyllis and a colleague, I will soon be swimming in my pool of tears. Get it soon from your nearest Popular Bookstore or NLB.


As most of you know, my new mobile phone, Nokia E71 was a real wonderful gadget. I can't live without it now. I can go online anytime I want (in the train, on a bus, in the midst of a boring meeting, etc...), I can watch videos on many platforms (one of them is YouTube), I can MSN my friends, check my email, listen to the radio or my mp3, loads and loads! You may say that lots of phone have these functions nowadays. I'm not sure if there're better ones, but at least from those reviews which I've read, this one had the highest rating since. You won't be able to imagine how excited I was to show to everyone when I realised that it has a text and namecard scanner simply by using its camera! Furthermore, it's so far the slimmest and sleekest SmartPhones so far (at least to date). I just love my E71.


The other day, I saw this advertorial on one of the blogs. Feeling curious, I went to it's site to take a look at the products. The different designs of contact lenses were really attractive. The designs will definitely make our eyes bigger and more beautiful. I was about to order a few of them when I suddenly remember this news which I saw previously regarding cosmetic lenses causing infections of the eye in Japan and Korea. See Link Here.

Immediately, I searched around the site for more information about its products. However, not much information was given (just that the site was legally set up by graduates and the lenses are FDA approved). They even claim that the life span of each pair of lenses can last for at least a year with good maintenance, without specifying whether it's permanent or disposable lenses. As such, I decided to send an email to the supplier. Below is what I asked and their reply.


My questions:
1) How safe are these? What brand are these? How am I sure? Any testimonials? Different brands of contact lenses have been reported as causing infections to the eyes.

2) What is the actual kind of these lenses? Temporary as in disposable monthly? Or Weekly? Or permanent lenses as in yearly? I don't believe in lasting up to 1 year if well-maintained. How can you say well-maintained when there is actual time span for all lenses?


Their reply:
The information of the FDA approval, brand name, monthly/yearly disposal are all on our blog. As stated in the terms and conditions, you are strongly advised to consult your optician before ordering these lens, or wear it at you own risk. We do not practise, nor do we prescribe lenses.

Believe it or not about the 1 yr life span, that's what the manufacturer told us.We stated this just because it was one of the product information that we were being provided with, by the manufacturer themselves.




I felt that they are irresponsible for their claims above. Even if the information is provided by the manufacturer, they should have the responsibilities to thoroughly check through their information or supplies before importing them! So what if the manufacturer claims that they are FDA approved? Did they see the testimonials or stuff like that? Even our so called very safe brands that we see on the shelf may not be safe either, so what makes them so sure? Example.
Does it mean that they need not be responsible if anything happens in future just because they stated "WEAR AT YOUR OWN RISK"? I seriously caution all of you to thoroughly find out about the products before you actually purchase them. Some tips for eyecare for everyone.



These few days, I'm getting more and more into Photoshop. It's really amazing what you can really do to the photographs using Photoshop. Not that I've never realise it in the past, just that you will get extremely fascinated with it when you hands on and try out all the applications on your own. I'm not exaggerating! I've yet to go through all the applications as it's not as easy as 123. I don't have much time as well. However, I'm going to the library soon to get hold of more books about Photoshop and I'll start trying out all of them. Then probably, I will be pro enough to upload photograph creations to pro sites as well to show the world on my works. I can't wait! Oh, and I can't imagine when I finally get hold on Adobe CS3 from Steven. I wonder how long I'm going to spend! God! Please give me more time! Aarggh...


My First Guinea Pig on Photoshop Application:

Beeie's Original Picture

Photobucket

My First Attempt (Look Horribly Fake! Haha)

Photobucket

My Second Attempt (Better. Spot the difference from the original. Can you see it?)

Photobucket

I learnt part of it from Xiaxue's video. Quite useful. Her videos on Xiaxue's Guide to Life are mostly quite informative and funny. Check them out from my video bar on the left. Beeie says I'm so her supporter. Haha...

Her guide to Photoshop





Check out this website for some really pro Photoshopped photographs. They are really good. Some other interesting stuff as well.



Aiyo, I tell you, this post is damn bloody long loh. Haha... I've been writing it for the past 2hrs already!' And I've yet to finish! Still loads of them! Keke... Oh like I say, I've been busy with my blog alignment, I have to resize all my pictures and minimise my posts, plus adding tags to my blog so that it's sometimes easier to access to my achieves that I've no time to post my entries that's why the loads of it now. Sigh...


Sorry my dear friends, family members, Beeie, work and myself for neglecting all of you so long for this geeky stuff. I will try my best to make time for all of you. (-_-) I'm having ulcers as well as so much pimples due to lack of sleep now till I feel I seriously need some facial already (of course just to do with pimples and not ulcers)! And yes, I "slapped myself" once again for saying that. I told everyone that facials are of no use. They do not improve your complexion. Well, I still think it does not improve complexion, it just helps to keep your complexion cleaner that's all. Hence, maintaining it's current situation but will not bring it to any perfect situation. I said "slapping myself again" 'cos the other time I said I don't like mp3 on a blogsite but in the end I added it to my blog. Oh, and I said I want less stuff on my blog so it won't lag, but today I added loads of them again. Yes, I did it again and again... Ggrr...


Fine, some photo updates during Saturday:

Beeie sending me to People's Park. Act sporty. Keke...

Photobucket

I went to Guma's Teo Chew Performance on Sat night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, I rushed to Jason and Jacelyn's Wedding. Click Here For All JNJ's Photos!


Photobucket

Photobucket

After I reached home, I collated and edited the pictures and took Sugie's photos as well. He's so cute! Keke...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





Searched for Wall-E's wallpaper here too! So cute! One way or another, I felt that Wall-E and Sugie are very much similar. Hmm...





Then finally slept at 7a.m. of course it's Sunday morning already. I wanted to go for breakfast with Beeie, unfortunately, he's still sleeping. Too bad, I went to sleep then. I think Monday evening will be a damn bloody busy night for me. Why? 'Cos I have so many things which I've yet to complete! I don't dare to think of it now.







The other day, I saw this notice on the newspapers that Sony is asking customers who own the models of laptop listed in the notice to send their laptops for servicing due to a limited problem which they've discovered recently. And you know what? My so proud of laptop is ONE OF THEM! Boring! I've to send for servicing and it will take 4 working days! Why so suay? Ggrr... My experiences with electronic gadgets are forever damn bad. My 1st Playstation 1 broke down within 6 months while other people have absolutely no problem with theirs over the years. My 1st Acer Desktop, same thing. Can't remember the rest. I hope seriously hope that my laptop won't have any problem. I have yet to back up all my stuff. Furthermore, now that I'm so into using it, I have to send it for servicing. How bad can it be? Or maybe it's good after all I can spend the 4 days with my work. Probably I should just do that. Damn. They should collect all of them and give us brand new ones instead! Haha. Fat hope!





Some miscellaneous before I end (finally, yes!). I got the result of the HDB balloting for the new DBSS in AMK. Despite the fact that results are not satisfactory, I still hope for a possible ray of hope to get a proper unit there. Quite mixed feelings in fact. Place is small, design not my fav, price is high. Location is good, minimum renovation, ambience not bad. Whether to be able to get the place? Depending on fate. Beeie say that if we're not able to get it, we may have to consider DBSS at Bishan. Ultimately, it may be overpriced. At the end of the day, we might have to wait till after our customary or wait for BTO at Bukit Panjang or even other BTOs or 2nd hand choices.





And luckily the mail of the balloting did not come under my door. Else my "natural shredder machine" would have shredded it into pieces like my other common mails and my notices for my registered mail. (-_-) What is my "natural shredder machine"? or is it "who"? Haha... You guessed it. It's Sugie Boy!







Last but not least, a warning email which I've received today. Not sure of how true is the contents, but it's worth to read, know and be careful.






Subject: Maggots at MacDonald's - Pls be awareYucks... ...



dunno is it true a not so grossI went to the outlet at Compasspoint on 3 Sep 08 at about 10pm. Iordered 2 Double Cheeseburger and a 9 Pcs Chicken Nuggets. After which I asked for Curry Sauce and Chilli Sauce to take away.When i got home, which was a short 2 mins ride, TO MY HORROR, when iopened the packet of curry sauce, i was greeted with a 'smell' and there weremany tiny maggots crawling inside with a portion of the curry sauce whichhave turned black and harden and possibly rotting.



I wrote in to feedback to Macdonalds the same night, and this morning (4Sep) i had a call from a Business Manager apologising for thisencounter, the first thing she asked was if i had kept the packet of curry sauce!The maggots were crawling out, obviously i had it disposed as soon as i tookthe photos, and in our conversation she also mentioned that this is notisolated to the outlet at Compasspoint!



It was island wide as it could be asupplier problem. I think it is ridiculous! She also told me there were a fewcomplaints already.Shouldn't they stop giving out curry sauce while pending investigation?It was 'fortunate' for me that the rotting and maggots were visible. Forthose packets which have not turned black may have maggots swimming in thesauce which is not known to the consumer.



I asked her if they do check theexpiry date of the sauces, she mentioned that the turnover for curry sauce isvery high thus unlikely it would hit past the expiry date. Then my questionis, if it is not even past its expiry date and it is rotting with maggots,what's going on???This just serves as a warning to fellow Macdonalds consumers to watchout before dipping your food into curry sauce, you may not know what isswimming and growing in there...



Close up shots



No comments:

    Favourite Blog Rollz

    • We’re not in Kansas Anymore ... - ... and no matter how many times either of us click our heels. There is no rewind. Over the last 6 years of marriage, oh there have been trials & trib...
      3 weeks ago
    • 排超上海男排3-0辽宁豪取9连胜 福建爆冷零封江苏 - 排超上海男排3-0辽宁豪取9连胜福建爆冷零封江苏上海男排庆贺胜利北京时间11月13日晚,2022-2023赛季中国男子排球超级联赛D组第4比赛日暨赛季第11轮争夺在婺源结束。上海光明3-0横扫辽宁东化豪取9连胜;福建平潭3-0力克江苏南京广电猫猫首夺胜场;山东儒辰3-0击败深圳
      1 year ago
    • ♥ MeTalk Mobile App ♥ - Metalk is a simple and affordable solution to allow individuals and organisation to take control of their communication. Metalk service is built for peo...
      8 years ago
    • My Milk Toof Travel Update - *Dear International readers from Southeast France!* ickle, Lardee & myself will be traveling around the southeast of France area from 06/02-06/20. If anyo...
      8 years ago
    • I have moved! - Hi all! I will no longer be updating this blog but instead be blogging at www.genevieve.sg instead! Save the new bookmark! www.genevieve.sg www.genevieve.s...
      9 years ago
    • Lego Cake - Last weekend, I made a cake for my little cousin’s 10th birthday. 2 years ago, I made him a Plants VS Zombies cake because he was crazy over that game. Now...
      11 years ago
    • - Blog shifted to http://yutakis.com/ click on thumbnail to enter site. – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
      13 years ago

    Popular Post Rollz