Announcements

Baby Ayren came to the world on 1 January 2014!!

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Singapore Election 2011

The topic that has been so hot is soon coming to an end.. It's surprising how involved I am this time as compared to the one done in the last 5 years.

There's so many youngsters who are interested in the topic this year. Probably due to the online platform which the parties have been using to "advertise" themselves as compared to none in the previous years. Or it's cos many of us are getting old as the young ones grow each day.

The whole issue of the voting and electing has set me thinking of a few points. It also gets me to know and interested to know many stuff which I can never imagine myself to wanting to find out about them..

1) I never knew about how the parties set their manifesto or what the parties' manifesto are and will never want to find out about them. During this hot period, I actually looked out for it and started reading about it.

2) I will seldom wanna watch the news or read newspaper about politics as I've no interest totally. This is the section which I'll always skip. In my mind, I thought only dads will do that. Now, it's like everything is changed cos seems like everyone is watching it including myself.

3) The last election when I was on duty, the moment I get home was bedtime to me. I care less about the results after that. Last night, even though I was so tired after more than 14hrs of work and more than 15hrs of not sleeping, I stayed up to watch the results till I fall asleep on bed. The moment I woke up, I went to Yahoo news for the latest news.

4) I'm actually disappointed that George Yeo lost in his fight. I am totally ignorant of who George Yeo is before the whole voting thingy. I think I'm among this number of women who can never figure out which is the minister of Singapore etc.. But look at me now! (Please don't call me a bimbo for not knowing Singapore's leaders. I just can't remember so many of their roles, names and what they do. The famous few, yes I know but others, so sorry.) So ya, now I got to know George Yeo and I know that he has been doing a lot for Singapore. And that he came up with the proposal of the IRs in Singapore. Quite sad that his future in the parliament is now a question mark.

5) Like all other Singaporeans who love Nicole Seah and hated Tin Pei Ling, I am also disgusted by how that woman carried herself during the election and how she delivered her speeches. I am surprised by how a young lady can deliver such good speeches and handle the media so well and can have such great plans for the poor.

6) Being a PAP supporter all these years, not cos I'm working for them but more cos I've always believe and seen what they've done for Singapore, has never doubted their ability, their belief, their sincerity.. Not that I'm doubting them now, FYI, I've supported them yesterday and will still do so in the future cos I know they've been trying their best, it also starts to get me wondering about the burning issues of housing, salary, etc, etc.. It is a concern of most Singaporeans and mine too. I just hope that after this election, some policy will be implemented to address to these issues.

All in all, the whole thing did wake me up to a certain degree, make me feel older too when I see all the young voters streaming in and make me realize that it looks very much like the "gangs" fighting to "rule" a "territory" and "earning" "protection fee" from the civilians and in exchange "provide protection" to them. Just hope that whatever it is, this will make Singapore a better home, a better country and with better people to take care of the rest of us who has been here and will be here for the rest of our lives. I've never felt that I love Singapore so much! Whoohoo!!

Photobucket
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

    Favourite Blog Rollz

    • We’re not in Kansas Anymore ... - ... and no matter how many times either of us click our heels. There is no rewind. Over the last 6 years of marriage, oh there have been trials & trib...
      2 weeks ago
    • 排超上海男排3-0辽宁豪取9连胜 福建爆冷零封江苏 - 排超上海男排3-0辽宁豪取9连胜福建爆冷零封江苏上海男排庆贺胜利北京时间11月13日晚,2022-2023赛季中国男子排球超级联赛D组第4比赛日暨赛季第11轮争夺在婺源结束。上海光明3-0横扫辽宁东化豪取9连胜;福建平潭3-0力克江苏南京广电猫猫首夺胜场;山东儒辰3-0击败深圳
      1 year ago
    • ♥ MeTalk Mobile App ♥ - Metalk is a simple and affordable solution to allow individuals and organisation to take control of their communication. Metalk service is built for peo...
      8 years ago
    • My Milk Toof Travel Update - *Dear International readers from Southeast France!* ickle, Lardee & myself will be traveling around the southeast of France area from 06/02-06/20. If anyo...
      8 years ago
    • I have moved! - Hi all! I will no longer be updating this blog but instead be blogging at www.genevieve.sg instead! Save the new bookmark! www.genevieve.sg www.genevieve.s...
      9 years ago
    • Lego Cake - Last weekend, I made a cake for my little cousin’s 10th birthday. 2 years ago, I made him a Plants VS Zombies cake because he was crazy over that game. Now...
      11 years ago
    • - Blog shifted to http://yutakis.com/ click on thumbnail to enter site. – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
      13 years ago

    Popular Post Rollz