Announcements

Baby Ayren came to the world on 1 January 2014!!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Giving Birth to Baby Ayden

The contractions began on 13 February 2012. It was bearable. Started around after midnight. If you want me to describe the feeling, it's just like suffering from very bad constipation. Tummy ache and you can't get it out. Or diarrhea yet you can't find a toilet and you have to bear with it. That's the feeling. Well, I didn't know until I went to the hospital and they told me they are contractions. But my cervix wasn't open yet so they sent me home after some routine checks.

Doctor wanted to induce labour so that I can have a valentine baby. But I thought I wanna keep things natural, so I went back home. Things got more tense following that. The contractions got stronger day by day and I wasn't sure if I was in labour. I kept referring to this chart:




And timing my contractions after googling about labour.. Apparently it wasn't that accurate. Can't really tell. I thought I was in the early phase as of the chart above, but later on the timing wasn't showing that. Then I wonder whether was it Braxton Hicks.. This went on till 15 February 2012 and I thought I need confirmation again. So I went to the hospital early in the morning. Doctor said that it's better that I get admitted instead of going in and out the hospital with false alarm. Anyway he felt that I may go into true labour anytime soon. He also suggested that he would induce labour that night to prevent baby from distress since the contractions had started..

On 15 February 2012, at around 10pm, I was induced.. The pain at that time was still as of Face 1 of the chart above.. The pain got more intense around past 2am.. Hence Face 2 was my expression then. The real pain stepped in at 4am.. My expression was now at Face 3.. I was kicking mad!! Moaning for help!! Used the laughing gas for pain relief.. Unsuccessful as it only relieves pain during that contraction and I have to breathe so many times.. By then, I thought I'm going to give birth.. So I asked the nurse to check my cervix opening.. Guess what?! It only opened 2 to 3cm as of early phase, 1st stage!! I gave up being a hero (thought I can survive without epidural..)

Next moment, I asked for epidural.. I thought I could have it immediately. God knows it has to be administered by a local anesthetic practioner.. And I have to wait for another 30min!! By then the pain was unbearable!! I was going into a hysterical stage due to over usage of the laughing gas.. By the time the doctor came, I didn't even know what they were doing to me! I only knew I'm receiving epidural.. That's all.. After that, the side effects from the epidural set in and I was shivering and puking like mad.. The nauseous can be subdued by injection.. But the shivering was the worst feeling I've ever felt.. I can't control at all.. When I finally regain conscious from the gas, it was already 6am.. Though drowsy, I can still see nurses coming in to check on me..

By the time my cervix was fully opened, it was about 10am.. Imagine without epidural, I'll have to withstand that terrible pain for 12h!! Fine! Who cares about being a hero?! Yap! I'm a zero!! At about 11 plus am, Ayden was out.. Spare the pushing details as its always the same as what you see on tv.. Husband giving the support, wife pushing as hard as possible, minus the yelling..

Soon, presenting..
Baby Ayden!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

    Favourite Blog Rollz

    • We’re not in Kansas Anymore ... - ... and no matter how many times either of us click our heels. There is no rewind. Over the last 6 years of marriage, oh there have been trials & trib...
      3 weeks ago
    • 排超上海男排3-0辽宁豪取9连胜 福建爆冷零封江苏 - 排超上海男排3-0辽宁豪取9连胜福建爆冷零封江苏上海男排庆贺胜利北京时间11月13日晚,2022-2023赛季中国男子排球超级联赛D组第4比赛日暨赛季第11轮争夺在婺源结束。上海光明3-0横扫辽宁东化豪取9连胜;福建平潭3-0力克江苏南京广电猫猫首夺胜场;山东儒辰3-0击败深圳
      1 year ago
    • ♥ MeTalk Mobile App ♥ - Metalk is a simple and affordable solution to allow individuals and organisation to take control of their communication. Metalk service is built for peo...
      8 years ago
    • My Milk Toof Travel Update - *Dear International readers from Southeast France!* ickle, Lardee & myself will be traveling around the southeast of France area from 06/02-06/20. If anyo...
      8 years ago
    • I have moved! - Hi all! I will no longer be updating this blog but instead be blogging at www.genevieve.sg instead! Save the new bookmark! www.genevieve.sg www.genevieve.s...
      9 years ago
    • Lego Cake - Last weekend, I made a cake for my little cousin’s 10th birthday. 2 years ago, I made him a Plants VS Zombies cake because he was crazy over that game. Now...
      11 years ago
    • - Blog shifted to http://yutakis.com/ click on thumbnail to enter site. – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
      13 years ago

    Popular Post Rollz