Announcements

Baby Ayren came to the world on 1 January 2014!!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

DrumMania aka Percussion Freaks

Last night, Beeie and I went to Lot 1 to get baby's food. When we got there, we were quite late. So after dinner, we had nothing to do.

We went to the arcade to see what kind of games which they have now.

To my surprise, the games are damn advance nowadays lah!!

I still remember the times when there's BeatMania and DrumMania during my poly days. Those were the coolest games back in my days. There were always long queues and it cost $1 to $2 to play once. I remember playing truant with Phyllis just to play those games. Then I would spend about $50 a day or even a 100 just to keep on practicing. I even bought my own drum sticks back then cos the one provided was too heavy. It's not as good as the lighter ones. We even got to know new friends cos of those games. Then with the new friends, we will talk about the games, challenge each other... Fun time..

So yesterday, I was so shock to see the latest version of the DrumMania set!! Damn pro lah!! I was considered quite pro with playing that back in my days. Yesterday, I couldn't even operate it appropriately! And the graphics are damn good!! That just gave me a hard slap in the face and tell me "Wake up! You're no longer 18!" zzz... I used to laugh at my mum and dad for not able to use our latest mobile phone. Now, I can't operate those things that I used to be so good then..

Anyway, having a nostalgia for my poly days, I found some DrumMania pics online and I took some pics of the new DrumMania XG last night. Make a comparison to see the evolution of this game!!

The one which I started was 1st mix if I'm not wrong. Can't find the machine anywhere now. There isn't any pic of it online too.
I love the songs in that mix too. I remembered when I started playing the hard songs, I started with 'When I have a dream'. Then I moved on to 'Happy Man' followed by alot others. These 2 were etched in me. The best difficult song which I ever played well was 'Across the nightmare'. Damn difficult but I'm always proud that I could play it well. Every time, I would just choose to play this song to show off. Haha.. I wonder if I can still play it..

Anyway, the pics:

DrumMania 4th mix




DrumMania 5th mix




DrumMania 7th mix



Notice: All these mixes even up to the 10th mix all only include 5 hand sets and 1 foot set. There were only 3 buttons to operate and no stools were provided. I still remember getting the plastic stools and stacking them up to fit my height.

Look at the following:

DrumMania XG


































Damn pro lah!! It has 7 hand sets and 2 foot sets. Total of 5 buttons with an additional help button. There's even the e-simulator card for the pros to (I also dunno do what). There's a damn pro adjustable Yamaha stool!! Even complete with full stage lights and damn good sound system!! Chioness!! Only setback is they're still using the old drum stick.. Should upgrade that too!

I can't believe my eyes when I saw that. I wonder what woul become of the games 15 years later. Super into new tech stuff. I also saw other simulators like dance, music and keyboard stuff. Damn different from my time. If you're free, you should just drop by Lot 1 arcade at 5th level to check out these new stuff. I'm not sure about other arcades but at least this is worth a look if you're into these stuff like I do..

Note: This is not an advertorial.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

    Favourite Blog Rollz

    • We’re not in Kansas Anymore ... - ... and no matter how many times either of us click our heels. There is no rewind. Over the last 6 years of marriage, oh there have been trials & trib...
      2 weeks ago
    • 排超上海男排3-0辽宁豪取9连胜 福建爆冷零封江苏 - 排超上海男排3-0辽宁豪取9连胜福建爆冷零封江苏上海男排庆贺胜利北京时间11月13日晚,2022-2023赛季中国男子排球超级联赛D组第4比赛日暨赛季第11轮争夺在婺源结束。上海光明3-0横扫辽宁东化豪取9连胜;福建平潭3-0力克江苏南京广电猫猫首夺胜场;山东儒辰3-0击败深圳
      1 year ago
    • ♥ MeTalk Mobile App ♥ - Metalk is a simple and affordable solution to allow individuals and organisation to take control of their communication. Metalk service is built for peo...
      8 years ago
    • My Milk Toof Travel Update - *Dear International readers from Southeast France!* ickle, Lardee & myself will be traveling around the southeast of France area from 06/02-06/20. If anyo...
      8 years ago
    • I have moved! - Hi all! I will no longer be updating this blog but instead be blogging at www.genevieve.sg instead! Save the new bookmark! www.genevieve.sg www.genevieve.s...
      9 years ago
    • Lego Cake - Last weekend, I made a cake for my little cousin’s 10th birthday. 2 years ago, I made him a Plants VS Zombies cake because he was crazy over that game. Now...
      11 years ago
    • - Blog shifted to http://yutakis.com/ click on thumbnail to enter site. – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
      13 years ago

    Popular Post Rollz